Saturday, June 20, 2009

Priceless Virtue

"When one finds a valiant wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband, entrusting his heart to her, has an unfailing prize. She brings him good, and not evil, all the days of her life.” (Prov. 31: 10-12) That pretty much sums up my goal in life. It is almost 9am on a Saturday and I am starting a blog. Now, would a virtuous wife be wasting time blogging instead of doing something more productive? Maybe. But I have good intentions...even though I hear they pave the road to hell! It needs to be said that I woke up at 6am, nursed the baby and changed her, fed my 4 yr old, then fed (baby food) the baby, did the dishes, started dinner in the crock pot, cleaned the kitchen, straightened up the living room and bathroom, got a load of laundry together, laid the baby down for nap and made a much needed pot of coffee.

Oh yea, my good intentions: this shall be MY journal, not a myspace blog or a facebook blog where I am concerned with what people think of me, nor is this a blog I intend to share with my husband, mother or sister (which will take a great deal of restraint of my part). This is for me and me only. I need a place to take out my frustration, to record my life, to see my progress and most importantly, a journal to someday share with my children when they're grown. My hope is that my daughter will crave virtue and to be a diligent wife and to accept the will of our Father and not the will of our ever-changing culture. I want her to understand her womanhood through the gift of servitude...yup, I said it, servitude. As for my son, I pray he will want what God has always wanted for all men...a true help mate. The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him." (Genesis 2:18) Only when we follow God's plan for our lives do we truly realize who we are and why we were even made.

No comments:

Post a Comment